Thursday, November 21, 2019

About me & where to find my work

Katie took up painting in 2003 as a method of relaxation after having had her first child. She undertook several courses through the Glasgow School of Art and has been hooked ever since. Inspired by the Scottish Colourists, Katie’s work is striking yet simple, always enjoying the basic elements of shape and colour within the subject matter.

Katie studied for 4 years at St Andrews University and has been a resident (and keen sailor) of Helensburgh and Glasgow for the rest of her life, so it’s not surprising that her favourite subjects to paint are the seascapes and harbours of the East and West Coast of Scotland.

I hope you enjoy viewing my work!

  • Helensburgh Art Club One Day Sale - 23 November
  • The Glasgow Academy Christmas Fayre - 23 November 12 - 4pm
  • Arty Party at my house Thu 28 Nov 7pm onwards
  • Lomond School PTA Christmas Fayre - 29 November
  • Jordanhilll School PTA Christmas Fayre - 30 November 10 - 12pm
  • Arran Art Gallery, Whiting Bay, Arran
  • Wee Lochan Restaurant, Crow Road, Glasgow
  • Woodend Bowling/Tennis Club, Jordanhill, Glasgow
  • The Millport Gallery, Isle of Cumbrae
  • my house studio - Jordanhill, Glasgow
Please feel free call me to arrange a private view of my work in my home.  
0141 959 1998 or 07793 717696

Or email me for more info:  littlefield_katie@yahoo.co.uk

https://www.facebook.com/KatieLittlefieldArt

7 Comments:

Blogger Ryx said...

great artwork, ms. littlefield. i have always dreamt of setting foot in british land. thank you for letting me see it, captured beautifully in the four walls of your paintings.

3:19 PM  
Blogger Alan said...

Hi, am looking for a print of one of your Arran paintings. Could you email costs?
Thanks,

10:14 AM  
Blogger Katie Littlefield Art said...

Hi Alan, I can't seem to message you back - if you are interested, please email me on littlefield_katie@yahoo.co.uk Thank you!

7:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi I was showing your paintings to friends in Deal this weekend. They like them very much but were a bit reluctant to proceed as there is no price indication displayed on the site as a guide? I realise it might be difficult to be exact but a guide price range would be helpful.

my friend is intersted in the little people. can you provide me with details of what you have available originals or prints with sizes and costs.

thanks.

They also think your style of art would suit the beautiful coastal town of Deal.

hear from you soon. thx

11:30 PM  
Blogger Katie Littlefield Art said...

Hi Ann. Thanks for your feedback, I will put price ranges on paintings from now on.. something I've been meaning to do for a while! x

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Mark said...

Hi Katie. I own your 'Sisters' painting (proudly displayed in my hallway for all to see) and it's inspired me to pick up my brushes again after too many years to mention. I've never worked in acrylics before and I'm wondering how you achieved the beautiful flat, matt, almost chalk-like finish.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

A painter must be proud if he/she created an original artwork that everyone loved.

3:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home